Thursday, April 22, 2010

Palak paneer


There are many ways to prepare palak paneer. My mom used to say that garlic and palak go very well together...so every time I made palak paneer I added garlic to it. But this receipe of palak paneer does not have garlic (and onion) with palak and is yummy too:)

INGREDIENTS:
Spinach: I use baby spinach from costco, so I used full box
Paneer (cubed): 1/2 lb
Oil: 2-3 teaspoons
Jeera: 1 teaspoon
Green chillis: 4
turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger: 1 teaspoon
Flour: 2 teaspoon
tomatoes (puree): 2
Cream or milk: 2-3 table spoon
Salt

METHOD:
Before starting I pureed the tomatoes in blender and also pureed spinach (after cooking it in microwave for 2 min).
Take oil, add jeera and chillis, when jeera is done add ginger (chopped into small pieces)and turmeric. Add tomato puree now and let it cook till little more than half is left. Add spinach and mix. Mix water and flour to make a paste (This paste will help the gravy to get a smooth consistency, otherwise water and spinach will get seperated) and add. Add cream or milk and salt. Keep the flame at medium and cook for 5-7 min. Add the panner. I like to keep the paneer in hot water for some time and then add to gravy, you can also fry it. Cook it again for some more time and it will be ready to serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment